New Payment Amounts Announced for Competitive Bidding Program
12,181 contract offers will be made to 637 Round 2 Recompete bidders. Of these offers, 93 percent are to bidders who currently furnish items in the awarded area or within the product category. CMS will offer 9 contracts for the national mail-order program. CMS expects to complete the contracting process in time to announce the contract suppliers in the spring of 2016.
The following product categories are included in the recompete:
- Enteral nutrients, equipment and supplies
- General home equipment and related supplies and accessories (includes hospital beds and related accessories, Group 1 and 2 support surfaces, commode chairs, patient lifts and seat lifts)
- Nebulizers and related supplies
- Negative pressure wound therapy (NPWT) pumps and related supplies and accessories
- Respiratory equipment and related supplies and accessories (includes oxygen, oxygen equipment, and supplies; continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices and respiratory assist devices (RADs) and related supplies and accessories)
- Standard mobility equipment and related accessories (includes walkers, standard power and manual wheelchairs, and scooters and related accessories)
- Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) devices and supplies
The contracted pricing for diabetic test strips dropped from $10.41 to $8.32 which will impact all retail suppliers effective July 1, 2016. For more details on Round 2 Recompete and National Mail Order Recompete, please refer to: http://dmecompetitivebid.com.
OmniSYS will continue to monitor and provide updates on the Competitive Bid Program. Please contact your Account Executive with any questions you may have.